Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Gifts - The Airplane


My first Christmas in Canada was a special one for sure but there's really only one thing that sticks in my mind from that day and it wasn't exactly the best memory.

I was 3 years old for our first Christmas in Canada and my parents got me a great gift... A battery powered airlplane. It didn't fly but it rolled along the ground and had flashing lights. All in all a pretty cool gift for a 3 year old. I didn't waste any time and started playing with it right away which thrilled my parents because I was staying out of trouble. So I "flew" my plane around the apartment and decided the hanger was the kitchen.

Now the next events weren't quite as clear, and that's the story I'm sticking to, but somehow the blender cord, from the blender that was also a Christmas present, ended up wrapped around the plane and I then proceded to turn the plane on. As my toy plane taxied down the kitchen floor runway it slowly pulled the blender cord taught and ever so slowly dragged the blender along the counter until it crashed to the floor. My parents weren't too thrilled

No comments:

Post a Comment